Our retreat takes place at Spannocchia, a fifteenth century estate with 1100 acres of agricultural and wild lands in the heart of Tuscany. We begin and end in Florence, at the Ambasciatori Hotel.
- Tell Me More! writing warmups with Erin Lee Gafill
- make your own sketchbook journal with Kelly Medford
- I Can’t Draw, and You Can Too! observational sketching with Tom Birmingham
- Slow stitching | Group Quilting with Emily Birmingham
- Awaken the Artist Within with Erin Lee Gafill
- Writing for self discovery with Tom
- and Yoga and Tai Chi with Joetta Keene
Included in registration –
- 9 nights lodging, seven at Spannocchia , two at the Ambasciatori Hotel, Florence.
- all meals, two dinners in Florence, two breakfasts at the Ambasicatori Hotel, and three meals a day at Spannocchia; slow food, farm to table where the concept was originated!
- Winery Visit and light lunch on the road from Florence to Spannocchia (weather permitting)
- Nightly wine reception with wines from Spannocchia’s vineyards
- All programs & instruction; award-winning writing & sketch instructors, community quilt project with Emily Birmingham, sketchbook making with Kelly Medford and daily certified yoga instruction with Joetta Keene
- Your Choice –
either cooking school in the Spannocchia Kitchen, or Spa day with transport to a local hot spring resort
- Ground transportation, round-trip to and from Florence, Ambasciatori Hotel
- Early luggage drop-off at the Ambasciatori Hotel
- One year Membership in the Spannocchia Foundation
- All lodging city taxes and fees.
|Erin and I plan a time that will be both stimulating and relaxing. We look forward to a week of personal development for each of our attendees; an opportunity to share time with a great group of people, and a time to step out of the daily hubbub of our busy world.
Spannocchia is the perfect location for our time together. With 1000+ acres of wild and cultivated land there is plenty of room to roam. The true farm to table meals are simple, healthful, and delicious. We’ll have plenty of room for time together, as well as quiet time on your own, or with a few friends.
Our days will include a mix of activities to truly nurture your mind, body, and spirit.
Return to Florence – October 31
After lunch on Thursday, October 31, we’ll board a private coach for our return to Florence. We’ll spend the night at the Ambasciatori Hotel, an get together for a celebratory dinner.
Registration Fee –
The main building at Spannocchia has two wings, The Villa is the original home to the Spannocchi family. The Fattoria is where the staff lived years ago. While all the rooms are comfortable, and have private baths, the Villa side faces the front lawn, and is more bright. The two wings are priced accordingly, and available on a first come, first serve basis.
Per person double occupancy – Fattoria Wing, Spannocchia – $3950 | Villa Wing, Spannocchia – $4450
Per person single occupancy – Fattoria Wing, Spannocchia – $4300 | Villa Wing, Spannocchia – $4900
Registration fee includes –
- All meals from dinner on Wednesday through breakfast the following Thursday
- Nine nights lodging
- All programs and instruction
- All ground transportation
- Surprises designed to delight!
Not included with registration –
- Transportation to and from Florence Italy from your port-of-call.
- Incedental hotel expenses, including phone calls, room service, paid ammenities
- Most supplies for art and writing sessionds
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)